Thursday, 10 July 2008

quincy wambitta timberlake zuma

i waited at the bus terminal with my friend, from around 0800 pm, they said it was arriving around that time to the next hour. i couldn't compose the excitement in me, and my friend too, was as much as i was. it was so cold during that month of June and the day 25th, the night was so cold and my friend began to doze, while each car that drove by, each bus that arrived, and each call that came though my handset, i prayed it was him. my friend gave up and said she was going home and if i wont come she will keep in touch, and i waited. it wasn't yet in me to give up, not on him. when it finally arrived, it was 1050pm. excitedly i ran to the arrivals, and each passenger coming through up to the last one....., i could not believe it. he was not there. he was not in the bus. i even went inside to check, i asked the drivers and all they said was if whoever am looking for is not in the bus, they don't know where they would be. inside, i was burning, i was bleeding. i went home,i took the cab and the driver could not see the tears streaming down my cheeks. i tried his phone and all i got was a voice mail box, until the following day. when my friend phoned to check how everything was, I LIED! i told her he had arrived and was at home sleeping,( i was on my way to work.) i felt so terrible lying, and i pretended to be over the moon, my friend was excited too. i wondered what might have happened, his phones were off and there was no single mail from him at all. i started getting all these funny thoughts, then i contacted the office of the embassy from his country. i gave them his names and contacts for them to check if he ever left the country, i was so concerned. i thought of him being stranded somewhere else, being held by the immigration officials, maybe his travelling documents had problems, maybe there had been an accident. all the negativity came into my head. because if he was alright, then he would mail or call me even from a pay phone. the embassy officials confirmed there has not been an accident in their routes but kept me composed, the lady there Daisy, was nice and it helped me. my friend said maybe he has gone overseas, and i saw the possibility of it so high. but can he do this to me? he said he was coming to see me? wherever he was, was he thinking of me? was he well? now its the 10th of July, and i feel sick, the feeling of waiting is never easy. with every flight that comes in, i suspect he is on it but i go through and find nothing nobody at all. i wish there were some answers to all this puzzle. there is only one thing i do now, the one thing i do each moment. i pray for his safety. the one above to keep him well.

No comments: