Friday, 29 January 2010

acceptance of new identity

"I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in robes of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Circumstances and tragedy leave us feeling dirty and damaged. And chronic pains of our past situations are an undercurrent to our total existence. We have difficulty believing our Savior Jesus Christ can accept us, like that. We dont see ourselves as precious holy children of God dressed in robes of righteousness. However after we read and reread about who we are in Christ. The more we study about our new identity and the truth that sets us free, the more we begin to accept it as true. Then we begin to realize it is Satan who holds up the picture of our past circumstances and situations, - to remind us of who he wants us to believe we are. But that is a lie. God took the truth and massaged it into our broken hearts like a healing ointment. He placed a princess's crown of beauty on our heads and washed away the ashes. He gave me the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and dressed me in a garment of praise instead of despair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am with you in my prayers that god gives you the strength you need....ask him he will answer you. He is almighty.

Olefile